Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fall colors

It's taken a while, but one of my trees in the front yard is finally in its autumn yellow. Its neighbor, same species, is still very green. The yellow tree is the smaller of the two, with bark damage that may have been from a wind storm five years ago, before we bought this property. The broken bark may have stunted the tree's growth. If it lives a few more years I will be surprised. But as long as it grows leaves every spring, I will let it live.

The crape mertle nearby is in a pretty red now. My oak seedlings are all red and orange Next year they'll get bigger pots. My red and purple sages are all in new bloom again.

At 6:30am it was 44F outside with 44% humidity. It's unseasonably warm sofar this month but more appropriate temperatures are due in by T'Day.

Chicagoland already had its first snow Monday night. Porter County, IN had five inches of snow Tuesday morning. No thanks!

No comments: