Tuesday, March 10, 2009

More growth

The Pawlowinia is now in purple bloom but many of the flowers were blown off over the weekend.

Sadie managed to get into a fresh bag of bloodmeal and had the leftovers strewn in the backyard.

Contender green beans are sprouting. So is more corn.

One of the red salvias in the front yard is now in red bloom.

The smaller of the two trees in the front yard has partial bloom on its canopies. The rest of the tree is still looking either dead or dormant. Next year that tree will be cut down and one of my fruit trees will take its place. The bark of the sick tree continues to crack and now the trunk is looking rotted.

I seem to have backyard weeds under control. The wet soil yesterday allowed me to pull what remainin storkbills I had from blooming. The patches of dirt should grow into lush Bermuda grass in a few more months.

I just hope we don't have the beetle infestation we had last year.

No comments: