Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My Quinalts are multiplying!

My strawberries this year have been very prolific. I ate a cup of berries with my Special K and then helped plant at least six more runners that will be bearing fruit next summer. At the rate the plants have been reproducing, we are going to have four times the plants we started with. I am going to need more planters at this rate!

Strawberries are my favorite fruit. And I am going to focus on the fruits from now on, as the area we picked in the garden for the strawberries apparently is ideal: morning sun and afternoon shade.

Kevin has more turnips and beets coming up. I also planted four spinach plants around the cabbage.

Unfortunately, we still haven't had any decent rains in two weeks. We got a nice overnight drizzle which was nice and kept the grass a little greener this morning. Storm clouds that teased us late this afternoon proved to be just that: a tease.

___


1 August
OBSERVED
Hi
101°F
Lo
70°F
Precip (in)
0in.

2
OBSERVED
Hi
97°F
Lo
72°F
Precip (in)
0.01in. -- row 2 --

3
OBSERVED
Hi
100°F
Lo
68°F
Precip (in)
0in. -- row 2 --

4
OBSERVED
Hi
101°F
Lo
69°F
Precip (in)
0.01in.

No comments: