Friday, April 11, 2008

A busy day in the garden...

I worked almost non-stop for six hours planting, weeding, uprooting, transplanting around the
garden. Most of the plants that Mom gave me yesteday now have a place in the yard. She brought me a Lisbon Lemon and Bearss Lime; now I have five citrus trees which should be enough. My big love are the small Keylimes for margaritas and spicy dishes.

I also found a stray Parry's Penstemon hiding in the junipers. How long had that thing beed there? I uprooted it and planted it in the front yard.

I also watered the palo verde to the point of saturating it, drowing out a scorpion and several cockroaches around the stem. (Scorps eat roaches).

I found some Greek oregano that had survived all these years with neglect, so together with some sweet basil and cilantro that has a new home.

I don't have much more work to do in the front yard. What is planted there now will have to survive.

It's the back yard that still seems to be a weedy mess no matter how much I till. Three ant hills don't make my job there any easier.

No comments: