Saturday, April 19, 2008

BUSY!!!

I seem to spend four to five solid hours in the gardens lately. The weeds are as pulled as they will be so far, but lately it's been my little vegetable garden that has been keeping me busy. I moved all the pots closer to the Italian Stone Pine, which offers shade for my transplants in the afternoon. The sun's already too hot for the plants to thrive in without shade every day.

Today at the Earth Day/Farmer's Market I picked up several packets of free seeds, including bee balm and chaste tree that I have been looking for, along with desert and firecracker penstemons, desert marigolds and a few others I've not heard of before. Free seeds are such a great deal!

My bell peppers that I planted from seed in early April are now coming up as seedlings. We have various types of tomatoes and won't need any more, but this year I am also trying various beans and peas to go with the toms and peps.

I really enjoy gardening and don't know how the garden will thrive once I go back to work.

No comments: