Sunday, February 27, 2011

Snow!

As forecasted, we got snow overnight. Although the ground snow here melted by 10am, another lighter storm came through early in the afternoon. The peaks got about eight inches of snow. We needed this!

The birds outside were busy from sunrise to eat up as much of the seed outside that I had laid out for them. Today's storm was cold but the wind had died down overnight making today a pleasant winter day. Our storm now is over Kansas.

Meanwhile more seeds are coming up. I had planted the first seeds on the 17th. Turnip seeds that I had planted on the 22nd are now also sprouting, but they look long and lanky and I'm afraid they'll topple over from their own weight. A few beans are also coming up. I went crazy yesterday afternoon and planted spinach, lettuce, peas, more tomatoes and a few beets. Once all the seedlings have sprouted I'll be busy transplanting them all into larger pots. The beans may be harvested before May if they stay inside!

The dining room is now a quasi grow-light area. The citrus trees are all inside for a while until the warmth returns later this week.

No comments: