Monday, June 6, 2011

My first tomato was harvested!

And soon many more will come up. So far the only insects are the yellow and black aphids and I continue to jetspray the plants as much as possible. Everything is coming up now and some plots are at the full impact zone, giving a crowded appearance.

I bought some butterfly bush two days ago. I'm not sure where to put them; was thinking along the western wall of the house. I need to remove the dead bottlebrush shrub as there's no life in it. The palo verde's end tips have died but it's in yellow bloom right now with new branches growing. The mesquite tree is looking healthy.

Even the potato brush is growing new life. I need to take time out and prune the front yard, remove the dead brush and twigs.

It's been nearing 100F these last few days, with raging wildfires 50 miles to our East and 200 miles to our Northeast that give off brown sun rises and sun sets and hazy, smoky days.

No comments: