Thursday, July 23, 2009

Echinacea

I pulled out the dead pineapple sage plants from last year and planted echinacea seeds there. They should hopefully sprout in about three weeks. Those plants are such robust and pretty flowers.

It looks like half of my beloved sinewy plants died this year, so I pulled out the dead plants. They had lived four years, standard for perennials.

I used up all the harvested water to water the garden beds, as they were infested with mosquito larvae. Dug up five Russet potatoes (enough for one meal!).

Pulled a 30-gallon bin full of weeds this morning. There were so many weeds growing south of the shed!

Also planted a regrowth from the orange honeysuckle that had rerooted a second plant I didn't see when I inadvertently pulled out what I thought was one long, dead stalk.

Planted five more bean stalks from seed from dead plants.

Set two Quinalt strawberry plants so that they can grow into their own plants. I may have to get more planters for the strawberries. They are doing so greatly where they are growing now under the Palownia trees.

More rains are forecasted for later today. It's currently 86F at 34% humidity.

No comments: