Saturday, July 25, 2009

Harvest

Kevin uprooted all his mature turnips and beets: an entire five-gallon bucket full of the treats! He planted new seeds in its place. Turnips and beets are best left in the soil until ready to eat, at least for a month or so after pulling.

I planted new Alysseum seeds where the Lindheimeri grew for four years.

More and more weeds are getting pulled, now that more of them are flowering and easier to pull in the moist soil. More rain is due today, which means more weeding tomorrow. Fun.

It's time I transplant my Iraqi Acacia into a larger pot; it's starting to grow out of its five-gallon confinement.

I threw a bunch of yellow palo verde along our eastern fence. If one out of 20 sprouts, I'll be happy. Our eastern boundary tends to get neglected.

No comments: